Tutorial: how to make organized notes.
- Read the objectives of the lecture. If there aren’t any, flip through the lecture slides and make an outline. This puts into perspective what you need to be learning and what you should get out of this lecture.
- Skim the book to get familiar with how the information is divided compared to your outline or objectives. While doing this, you’ll figure out whether or not you need the extra details from the book. Sometimes the lecture is enough and you could keep the textbook just as a reference to things you don’t get.
- Write down the first objective and flip to the page in the book that has the information pertaining to that objective. Read the lecture slide then refer to the book for details.
- Combine your lecture notes with the textbook information. Do this by rewriting the information in your own words and try to be as concise as possible.
- Keep doing this for every objective. Paste things if it helps.
- Make sure that you’re not just copying information. Use visual aids as much as possible. Put the information in a table, flowchart, diagram, etc.. (refer to this post to see how I make my flowcharts).
- When you’re done with all your objectives, go through the lecture and your notes to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
General tips on how to keep them organized:
- Be systemic. Making objective-oriented notes is one way to do that.
- Use two (or more colors). Color-coding information helps me remember it + it doesn’t look that bad.
- Section your objectives according to the topic. Then make sure that when you’re writing out the information, it’s in a sequence that’s understandable.
Disclaimer: this is the way I’ve been making my notes since I started med school. By no means am I claiming it’s perfect or that everybody should follow it.
Hope this helps and as always, happy studying :)
prob my fav answer/question yet
Remember in 1993 when Jurassic Park was like…the end all, be all of special effects?
not gonna lie that still looks intimately real
Its still amazing
that’s an interesting “all in their head” headcanon you’ve got there but have you considered the following:
look this scene is canon
Just because they’re family doesn’t mean they’re right.
bless this post
Happy Birthday Achievement Hunter!
So I can either bake these cookies at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or 4,000 degrees for 1 minute.
nick nO THAT’S NOT HOW YOU BAKE COOKIES FRIEND
HOW ABOUT 4,000,000 DEGREES FOR 1 SECOND
NICK YOU ARE GOING TO BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN
I’M GOING TO HARNESS THE FUCKING SUN TO MAKE COOKIES
NICK P L E A S E
Do you ever memorize a person’s voice? Like you can construct a sentence in your mind that that person’s never said, and yet you hear them say it.
Is that a thing people can do?????????
In case you’ve been living
in a pantryunder a rock, here’s the Season 2 Gag Reel.
listen, i don’t know about you, but the only people I know who actually enjoy the smell of axe body spray are not women. it’s dudes. it’s all dudes. i have worn axe body spray and walked into a room and have been complimented by legions of dudes. axe body spray is an agent of the gay agenda to make men smell better for other men to unlock their latent homosexuality and there is no stopping them now, we’re in too deep and it’s far too late.
Happy 6th Birthday Achievement Hunter!!!
glee flashback: favorite scenes - the rocky horror glee show (2x05)
#what bothers me the most about everything that’s going on #is that tyler hoechlin was asked the same question #and gave more or less the same answer: #that he doesn’t read it (which why would you even expect any of them to in the first place i mean come on) #and maybe doesn’t completely understand it but he respects it and appreciates it as an exercise in creativity #and as a creative outlet and whatnot #like when you get down to the point the substance of their answers was pretty much the same #i mean hoechlin even added that he prefers to focus on what’s actually happening and whatnot #which is totally fine and completely understandable!!! #but posey is the only one getting shit for it #he’s getting so much hate just because he said what? #’these kids’? #like are you fucking serious if that’s really your problem #(and i know that it’s probably just another petty excuse to hate on him for no good reason) #(or some of the ridiculous and awful reasons ppl won’t admit or own up to) #but if that’s really the case #then you know what you really are a fucking child #please grow the hell up #ANYWAY #tyler posey #precious dork (x)